Crazy Week Review

A hectic, crazy week.
That's putting it lightly!
But it's over and I didn't lose it or run out of steam!
It was (mostly) fun.
Now I'm looking forward to a more normal, slower paced week ahead!

Our crazy week went something like this:

Sunday:
Headed out of town with Dad and Piper to hear Robin Mark.
In the process we got stuck on the highway for an hour because of an overturned transport truck.
But it didn't diminsh our spirits at all!
It was an enjoyable concert and a first for Piper!




Monday:
Halloween, of course!
(This included a party, a doctor's appointment for me, visiting a nursing home, squeezing a nap and supper in and trick or treating! Phew!)


Tuesday:
This was our only day of school!
Yep, our week was that intense!
We were able to finish up working on the Halloween workboxes which included...


Pushing golf tees into foam and balancing eyeballs on them,


using strawberry hullers for transferring halloween erasers into pumpkins,


and cutting up halloween paper strips!

This was also the day my hubby joined the Movember club.
It took a few days to adjust to living with a beardless man but his mustache is coming in nicely!
What a guy!
Support the cause by donating on his Mo Space!

(Here he is looking all tough and serious which is very hard to do with a baby face! Hehe!)

Wednesday:
Believe it or not, another trip out of town!
This time to hunt for a maternity winter coat for me.
That's how my Mom wanted to spend her birthday!
Did I ever mention how amazing she is??
I officially have a warm coat that I can zip up! Yay!
(Thanks, Mom!)

Thursday:
Bloodwork and needles and yucky orange drink.
It wasn't fun.
Hubby took care of me, took on the stay-at-home Dad roll and even made spaghetti from scratch!

Friday and Saturday:
Getting ready for Mom and Dad's 50th surprise party!!
I made the cake!
(Amazing chocolate buttercream recipe here!)


I also made a picture board and wrapped up 50 gifts that related to reasons why turning 50 is so awesome!



I actually didn't stress at all about it and enjoyed the creative process!
Matt joined in on the fun by helping to think of, shop for and create many of the gifts!
And for these 2 people it is so worth!
I have the world's best parents!



(Aren't they adorable?)

Happy 50th Birthday, M&D!

posted under , , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love motherhood.

We're a smiling family.

I'm a covenant keeper.

I love my husband.

I am above self pity.

I am a nation builder.

Motherhood=Adventure

Worth more than rubies.


“I am more convinced than ever that even in the midst of the mundane, burdensome, and oftentimes frustrating tasks of life allotted to me as a mother, God wants me to find his joy. He wants every single day of my life to be a celebration of his blessings, whether large or small. He wants me to celebrate life ~ the life He has given me.”

~ Sally Clarkson







My Hubby

My Hubby
He's my bestest.

Piper

Piper
She is my compassionate, dramatic, fun to be around 6 year old. She loves to shop, get dressed up fancy and anything else that screams girly!

Taitum

Taitum
She is my goofy, snuggly 4 year old who loves to sing and dance and smile all day long!

Renly

Renly
She is our one year old smarty pants! She does all she can to keep up with her older sisters and to keep them in line!

Recent Comments