Banana Coconut Oatmeal {Slow Cooker}

My kids love breakfast.
They wake up with the hugest of appetites.
They shovel all their food in and more often than not, ask for more.
It's nice since it kinda balances the other meals out.
You know - the ones with the "I don't like that"s.
The thing is, I get bored with the same ol' thing every morning.
So I try to change it up each day.
Toast, eggs, pancakes, cereal, oatmeal.
We do it all.
But let's face it - with a 3 month old in tow sometimes anything more elaborate than Cheerios doesn't get doled out to my hungry little monsters!
Then I saw this on Pinterest:





Eureka!
An oatmeal that cooks as you sleep and is ready when you wake up!
And the banana coconut flavour intrigued me.
Saturday night I hauled out the necessary ingredients...



Threw them into my slow cooker...



And would you believe it?
Yummy oatmeal waiting for me when I stumbled into the kitchen that morning!



Now, before you get too excited, there was a bit of negative feedback.

1 - my husband was expecting a sweet, dessert-like breakfast. This is not it. In fact, you have to add some brown sugar to the top of it just like any other oatmeal.
2 - The recipe calls for sliced bananas. Piper had issues with the chunks of cooked banana. I wasn't a fan either. Next time, they will be mashed!
3 - The bottom of it burned because, well, around here we sleep for more than 7 hours. (Please don't hate me!) If this isn't a problem for you, the bottom of your pot should be just fine!

Overall, I found it to be quite the early morning treat!
 Next, we are going to give the Apple Cinnamon flavour a try!

For a more dessert-like oatmeal try the irresistible Baked Oatmeal Recipe!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love motherhood.

We're a smiling family.

I'm a covenant keeper.

I love my husband.

I am above self pity.

I am a nation builder.

Motherhood=Adventure

Worth more than rubies.


“I am more convinced than ever that even in the midst of the mundane, burdensome, and oftentimes frustrating tasks of life allotted to me as a mother, God wants me to find his joy. He wants every single day of my life to be a celebration of his blessings, whether large or small. He wants me to celebrate life ~ the life He has given me.”

~ Sally Clarkson







My Hubby

My Hubby
He's my bestest.

Piper

Piper
She is my compassionate, dramatic, fun to be around 6 year old. She loves to shop, get dressed up fancy and anything else that screams girly!

Taitum

Taitum
She is my goofy, snuggly 4 year old who loves to sing and dance and smile all day long!

Renly

Renly
She is our one year old smarty pants! She does all she can to keep up with her older sisters and to keep them in line!

Recent Comments